eScience Solutions and Opportunities in the Netherlands
November 29th 2017
Venue: Boothzaal, University Library De Uithof, Utrecht
The Netherlands Society on Biomolecular Modelling (NSBM) is an independent society that brings people together in The Netherlands that work on three dimensional structures of biomolecules and biomolecular simulations. Generally twice per year, meetings are hosted by the NSBM that are open to anyone interested, regardless of the affiliation, from within or outside the Netherlands. The NSBM cordially invites you to participate in its 2017 fall meeting in Utrecht. During the meeting, the floor will be given to PhD students and post-docs who study protein structure and/or structural bioinformatics or related topics.
Location and dates
- Date: November 29th, 2017, 10:00-17:00
- Venue: Boothzaal, University Library De Uithof, Heidelberglaan 3, 3584 CS Utrecht
- Registration deadline to be considered for a short talk: November 17th
- Registration deadline (including lunch): November 22nd
- Submission of an abstract is required if you want to present a poster.
- Indicate in your email if you want be selected for a short oral presentation.
Note: The maximum number of participants is limited to 75! So please register on time.
- 09:30-10:00 Arrival and coffee
- 10:00-10:10 Welcome word
- 10:10-11:00 Keynote I
o Prof. Jürgen Pleiss, Institut für Technische Biochemie (ITB), Stuttgart University (D)
o Data-integrated simulation of enzymes
- 11:00-11:20 Short talk selected from abstracts
- 11:20-11:40 Short talk selected from abstracts
- 11:40-12:10 Lecture
o Tom van den Bergh, Bio-Prodict, Nijmegen (NL)
o PDB-wide data integration with 3DM
- o Short talk selected from abstracts
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch and poster session
- 14:00-14:50 Keynote II:
o Prof. Chris Ulens, KU Leuven (B)
o Allosteric modulation of ligand-gated ion channels
- 14:50-15:10 Short talk selected from abstracts
- 15:10-15:30 Short talk selected from abstracts
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00-16:50 Keynote III:
o Dr. Chris de Graaf, VU Computational Medicinal Chemistry group, Amsterdam (NL)
o 3D-e-Chem: Structural cheminformatics tools for navigating protein-ligand interaction space
Please reserve November 29 in your calendars for the 2017 Fall meeting of NSBM, which will be held in Utrecht like last year. The meeting agenda is still in preparation.
We would like to cordially invite you to the upcoming Spring Meeting by the Netherlands Society on Biomolecular Modelling. This meeting will be held on April 4th in the congress center “De Werelt” in Lunteren, the Netherlands, and is one of the parallel sessions that have been organized at the BioSB 2017 meeting (https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2017). Both the NSBM en BioSB meeting are ideal for senior researchers and for young PhD students to meet their peers and build their networks.
The NSBM programme should be very interesting and diverse, with speakers from the Netherlands and abroad. As an invited speaker, Prof. Daan van Aalten of the University of Dundee will give a lecture on: “Molecular mechanisms of O-GlcNAc signaling”.
In addition, a poster session will be held that includes topics from the structure-based and protein bioinformatics and biomolecular modelling research areas. Late abstracts for posters are still accepted.
We look forward to meeting you in Lunteren on April 4th! On behalf of the NSBM,
Gerry Nicolaes & Gert Vriend
Page 2 of 2